Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Personal information may be collected in a number of ways when you use any of the products or services offered by PxBee. We may prompt you to provide information, including personal information. For example, we may ask to collect your name, email address, user name, telephone number and credit card number whenever you register for an account, purchase our products, or contact us via email. If you use PxBee as a platform to sell or buy copyright protected pictures or to participate in any photo competition, we may require further personal information in order to identify you and/or to provide services, in compliance with applicable laws.
- From time-to-time we may also collect personal information you provide in connection with your participation in surveys, sweepstakes, competitions, promotional offers, and other activities on the site.
- When you use our email support services, we collect your correspondence in order to build up a public knowledge base, which will be available to all users of the site. Your correspondence will most likely not be used verbatim, but paraphrased in FAQ format.
We use the information collected through PxBee products:
a) to communicate with you;
b) to process your requests and transactions;
c) to improve the site;
d) to customize the services and/or products we provide to you;
e) to assist with our product and service development;
f) to perform marketing analysis;
g) to run competitions, select shortlisted entrants and winners;
h) to invoice you and identify you as a licensee (an authorized user of the image), if you are a buyer of licensed image(s);
i) to transfer the revenue share, prepare tax information slips and identify you as an author, if you are a seller of licensed image(s);
j) for other purposes related to our business.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties who perform services on our behalf. These services include processing of payments / orders, marketing, auditing, etc. Those third parties shall only be permitted to obtain the personal information that is absolutely necessary to perform their service. They must protect personal information to the same extent as PxBee and shall not use the personal information they obtain for any purpose other than the service they provide to PxBee.
- We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement authorities in the event of assistance to prevent, detect or investigate criminal activity. When provided with notification of copyright infringement, we may reveal the information of the image provider (seller) to the licensee, copyright owner, judicial or administrative authorities.
- If you participate in a photo competition or your entry is shortlisted / granted prize, PxBee and/or the competition sponsor may publish your name and other information such as your city of residence.
- Customer information, as a whole, including personal information, is stored as part of business assets of the company, which may be disclosed in a merger, acquisition, or sale of the company and/or its assets, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, as far as permitted by applicable laws.
Transparency and Choice
- You may configure your browser to block cookies, including cookies associated with our services. However, many of our services may not function correctly with cookies disabled.
- PxBee does not store your Facebook, Twitter, or Flickr passwords. Your account information is not disclosed to PxBee and you are free to cancel any of your social networking website connections with PxBee at any time. Nevertheless, we may prompt you to provide further information after your login with third-party accounts, if you wish to use certain services that require identifying you.
Last Updated: 4 Dec, 2017